Dog food is a nutrient-rich feed exclusively formulated for canines and related pooches. Dogs are classified as omnivores but our endearing furry friends have a carnivorous preference. In the pet food industry, dog food is an important contributor to the generated revenue. 2022, the dog food market in the US alone is estimated to reach $23.3 billion. The most important dog food is dehydrated and freeze-dried dog food.
YPES OF DOG FOOD
- Dry Dog Food
- Dehydrated Food
- Freeze-Dried Food
- Air Dried Food
- Baked Food
- Cold Pressed Feed
- Semi Moist Dog Food
- Canned Food
- Raw Diet
For generations, canine owners have debated whether wet or dry feed was better. It must be tiresome for Fidos to eat the same stuff daily. The healthiest dry dog food entails removal of moisture from the high-quality, fresh wet meals extending their shelf-life and durability. Moreover, their lip-smacking taste serves as the cherry on top that makes our best pal’s tail wagging. Despite the benefits of the dry dog feed, it cannot be introduced overnight. Any alteration in a doggy diet plan should be made gradually, since the distressed stomach due to an abrupt change in nutrition isn’t fun for canines.
DEHYDRATED AND FREEZE-DRIED DOG FOOD
Dehydrated and freeze-dried dog food is the state-of-the-art innovation in keeping pooch meals as a mouthwatering treat. Freeze-dried dog food is prepared by freezing the constituent ingredients followed by gentle heating under vacuum to eliminate moisture.
Dehydrated dog food is one of the healthiest dry dog food. The water in such a feed is eliminated by a drying method that involves mild heating at 140- 180ºF. As the food dries, it is softly cooked at a low temperature for a short time period. As a result, the nutrients are preserved rendering it the most ‘natural’ and the best dry dog food for large dogs.
BENEFITS OF DEHYDRATED AND FREEZE-DRIED DOG FOOD
- Dehydrated and freeze-dried dog food is popular due to its health benefits including high nutrient bioavailability and minimal processing. Some canines require a protein-rich diet, but it’s tough to achieve their demands on kibble unless you feed them raw food. Dehydrated and freeze-dried food contains all of the vital proteins, minerals, and vitamins found in meat.
- Certain dogs are more prone to allergies and inflammation in their bowels and stomachs, dehydrated and freeze-dried dog food can help with their digestive issues. Furthermore, such foods have a long shelf-life and do not require any preservatives.
- The best dry dog food brands deliver nearly the same nutrition as that of raw diet. Furthermore, it is also considerably easy to prepare. All you have to do is rehydrate it with either hot or warm water before feeding it to your dog.
- Dehydrated and freeze-dried dog food is pre-cooked to save you time and ensure that your dog’s nutrition is maintained. It’s also free of potentially dangerous ingredients, unnecessary preservatives, or additives.
- Most dog foods are commercially manufactured by raputable companies. They utilize human-grade meats. Their meals are meat-based, grain-free, and contain little to no carbohydrates. The best dry dog food brands offer whole meals as well as pre-mixes, allowing you to customize the pooch’s diet.
- Another advantage of dehydrated and freeze-dried dog food is that a small amount will last a long time. As Moisture eliminated it takes less space. But the food expands as soon as it is rehydrated.
- Although the best dry dog food brands are expensive, their potential benefits including a protein-rich diet, grain-free products, few ingredients, and higher nutritional content may outweigh their cost.
- Dehydrated and freeze-dried dog food is not harmful to humans. It restricts bacterial growth as compared to raw food which contains higher moisture. As a result, it protects dog owners from contracting foodborne infections or contamination.
- Dehydrated and freeze-dried dog food is available in different flavors, so you’ll be able to discover something that works for your pooch.
CONSEQUENCES OF DEHYDRATED AND FREEZE-DRIED DOG FOOD
One major critique of dehydrated and freeze-dried dog food is that they do not offer balanced and comprehensive diet. This could be because dog owners do not properly follow the guidelines while preparing food. If required, always make sure to include supplements in the dog’s meals. But if the directions state that no supplements should be added, follow them. If your dog doesn’t seem to be thriving on one of these diets, switch to feed that suits it better.
The majority of dry dog foods are manufactured at temperatures ranging from 140°F to 180°F. This process takes a lot of time, exposing the meat constituents to the risk of deterioration because of oxidation as well as microbial contamination.
BEST DRY DOG FOOD BRANDS
Dehydrated Dog Food
- The Honest Kitchen dehydrated organic whole grain dog food
- Only Natural Pet canine powerfood
- Dr. Harvey’s canine health miracle dog food
- Addiction grain-free dehydrated dog food
- Spot farms natural dehydrated dog food
- Emmy’s best dehydrated raw dog food
- Grizzly all-natural dehydrated dog food
Freeze-dried Dog Food
- Stella & Chewy’s Freeze-Dried Raw Dinner Patties
- Sojos Complete Freeze-Dried Grain-Free Dog Food
- K9 Natural Freeze-Dried Dog Food Booster
- Primal Freeze-Dried Dog Food
- TruDog’s RawGo Freeze-dried Meals
- “I and love and you” Stir & Boom Raw Dog Food Topper
There is not a single brand in market which is 100% ideal. Some modifications are required for preparation of each type of product. Otherwise, their nutritional content might dwindle. No matter the type or brand, consult a veterinarian before feeding your pooches dry food products.